Membership in the Steveston Community Society
Active Membership supports the ongoing objectives and activities of the Steveston Community Society. By becoming a member of the Society, you have an opportunity to help shape the community centre’s goals and objectives for the community. There are two types of memberships as follows:
General Member – a General Member in good standing shall have the following rights of membership:
- to receive notice of and attend all General Meetings;
- to propose Ordinary or Special Resolutions in accordance the Act and these Bylaws;
- to make or second motions at a General Meeting and to speak in debate on motions under consideration in accordance with such rules of order as may be in place;
- to exercise a vote on matters for determination by Members, at General Meetings and otherwise; and
- to hold office as a Director or elected officer of the Society.
Non-Voting Member – a Non-Voting in good standing shall have the following rights of membership:
- to receive notice of and attend all General Meetings; and
- to speak in debate on motions under consideration at General Meetings in accordance with such rules of order as may be in place.
For further details and to apply for membership, download the application form here: SCS 2019-20 Application for Membership.