Steveston Community Society (SCS) is primarily a volunteer association dedicated to maintaining a positive, pioneer “Spirit of Steveston” by providing cultural, social, and recreational opportunities for all members of the community.
Officially incorporated in 1946, one of its primary objectives was to partner with the municipality to construct a community centre. The Society was committed to doing much more than building and operating a community centre, as evident in one of its objectives spelt out in the Society’s original constitution:
“To provide opportunities in such building (community centre) and elsewhere in Steveston for wholesome recreation and other leisure-time activities and to create a community spirit in and about Steveston in a democratic manner.”
Read more HERE